⌛️Can Sun Cream Expire?
The short answer = yes, sunscreen can expire. Most sunscreens come with an expiration date, typically found on the packaging. Over time, the active ingredients in sunscreen can degrade, making the product less effective in protecting your skin from the sun’s harmful rays.
📆 How long do Sun Zapper products last?
Sun Zapper products adhere to Therapeutic Goods Administration regulations which mean they have an expiry date 3 years from date of manufacture. Expiry dates are stated on the product label.
🔎 Where Can I Find the Expiration Date on Sun Zapper Products?
On Sun Zapper products, the expiration date is located on the product label, the back at the top of the bottles or on the bottom of the products. It’s a tiny detail that holds significant importance in ensuring the efficacy of the sunscreen.
🧐 How to Recognize If Your Sunscreen Has Expired
Expired sunscreen might not provide the level of protection you need. Signs of expiration include changes in color or consistency, a strange odor, or separation of the product. If you notice any of these signs, it’s time to bid your sunscreen goodbye.
🧴Will My Sun Zapper Product Still Expire If I Haven’t Opened the Bottle/Stick?
Yes, even if you haven’t opened your Sun Zapper sunscreen, it can still expire. Exposure to air, light, and fluctuating temperatures can lead to the degradation of the active ingredients, rendering the sunscreen ineffective.
⚠️Why Expiry Dates Are Important
Expiry dates on sunscreen serve as a guarantee of the product’s effectiveness. Using expired Sun Zapper products is akin to trying to surf without waves – it just doesn’t work! Using expired sunscreen not only puts your skin at risk but also diminishes the sunscreen’s ability to prevent sunburn, premature aging, and skin cancer. Your skin deserves the best protection, and that means using sunscreen within its shelf life.
🖐️5 Tips to Make Your Sunscreen Last Until Its Expiration Date
- Store it Right: Keep your sunscreen in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight. A cupboard or drawer is an ideal spot.
- Avoid Extreme Temperatures: Don’t leave your sunscreen in your car or any place where it might be exposed to extreme heat or cold.
- Close the Lid Tightly: After using your sunscreen, make sure to close the lid or cap tightly to minimize air exposure.
- Use it Regularly: Sunscreen is not just for beach days. Make it a part of your daily skincare routine, especially if you spend a lot of time outdoors.
- Check Before You Apply: Before slathering on sunscreen, give it a quick once-over. If it looks or smells off, it’s time for a new bottle.
😎 By following our tips and being aware of the signs of expiration, you can ensure that your Sun Zapper sunscreen provides the protection you need, keeping your skin safe and healthy.
⚡️Stay protected with Sun Zapper, stay safe!